As humans, we have a habit of capturing everything that is beautiful. We do it to preserve memories and sometimes even for show off on social media. You must be having so many friends, who keep on clicking pictures at weddings, restaurants and holidays. Sometimes people are so addicted to clicking pictures that they don’t really enjoy the moment.
Many of us visit museums and want to capture the beauty of paintings but we get really annoyed to see that it’s not allowed inside. Have you ever thought of the reason behind it?
Here’s why photographers and photography are not allowed inside the museums.
1. It decreases the value of the painting. If you visit the museum and share the pictures by clicking it, very less people will actually visit the museum to actually see the paintings. Although some people argue that putting the content on digital medium actually increases the chances of it being sold, but that’s highly debatable as far as paintings are concerned.
2. Camera flashes emit intense light and it’s believed that these lights cause damage to the paintings. Also while trying to click pictures, people act like a mob which end up damaging paintings.
3. Eliminating cameras and photographers increase the visitors’ experience.
4. Sometimes photographers get way too serious to get the right shot and in the process, they end up getting injured.
5. Copyright is yet another issue that is attached to the artwork. Just like you are prohibited to click photos and videos in cinema halls, you can’t so that in cinemas.
Hope it helped you in updating your knowledge base.
The post Ever Thought Why Museums Don’t Allow Photographers? Here Are 5 Reasons is how, Comment below.